Basic automotive maintenance isn't always top of mind for most people out there. Fortunately for you, the experienced technicians at the AutoRide Service Center aren't like most people. We eat, sleep, and breathe auto maintenance and repair, so we've got answers to some of your most common questions about how to take care of your car, truck, or SUV and keep it running smoothly and safely for years to come.
Are regular oil changes really that important?
YES. Of all the things you should do to take care of your car, truck, or SUV, from the biggest to the smallest of things, changing your oil regularly is probably the most important if you want your vehicle to last. Your oil is used to lubricate the moving parts of our engine—if that oil gets dusty and dirty, as it will certainly do over time, that dust and dirt will get into the nooks and crannies of your engine and eventually cause damage.
How often should I change my oil?
It depends. If you've got an older model, you'll want to change your oil every 3,000 miles or so. If you're driving something more recent, most manufacturers will recommend an oil change every 5,000-7,500 miles. If you're using synthetic oil, on the other hand, you may be OK to go up to 10,000 miles between oil changes. However, variables like how much driving you do and whether you drive a lot on dirt roads in Berks County could dictate getting your oil changed more frequently than you otherwise might.
Do I need a special oil for the winter?
It is generally recommended that you use a lower-viscosity motor oil for colder months so that the oil heats more readily and is able to lubricate your engine parts.
If you've got more questions, feel free to give us a call or email anytime. You can also use our easy online scheduler to schedule your appointment at AutoRide Service Center, located at 2526B Centre Ave., Reading, PA 19605. AutoRide of Reading is your Reading, PA Used Car Dealer & Automotive Service Center!
- Shop Used German Cars at AutoRide of Reading - Serving Berks County
- Here at AutoRide of Reading We Have Used SUVs For Sale
- Maintenance FAQs: Oil Changes
- AutoRide Service Tips To Keep Your Vehicle On The Road
- Customize Your Ride Here At AutoRide Service Center
- AutoRide Service Center is Now Open Proudly Serving Berks County!
- Seeking a Quality Used SUV?
- Find Auto Repair & Car Maintenance at The AutoRide Service Center in Reading, PA
- Top Three Tips for Purchasing a Used Truck
- The Future of Car Ownership is Here